Friday, March 30, 2012

Why I Like GHI

Mind if I deviate from the book talk for a bit? I just want to say a little something about one of the few things on TV I really enjoy.

Ghost Hunters International, a spin-off from Ghost Hunters, is one show I do not miss. Okay, so now you know, I'm a little bit of a nerd. I'm okay with that.

I love a good old fashioned ghost story, but that's not all that draws me to this show. There are a lot of programs about people who chase evidence of paranormal activity, some with more credibility than others.

GHI, like their parent group, TAPS, uses a wide range of gadgets to capture evidence and some tried and true means of debunking claims as well. New equipment comes into play and the less effective or more controversial pieces are retired as new ways of detecting evidence comes to light. And like TAPS, GHI's leaders are respectful and considerate of their hosts - not to mention how they treat members of other paranormal societies.

And the locations? Puh-leez! It's better than any travel show.

But all of this aside, it's the team that makes this show. Barry is a natural leader, and none of the gang seems put-off that Kris is co-leader. They've come a long way since when the young women of TAPS were referred to as 'the girls'. Joe Chin and Scott Tepperman are some pretty unflappable guys; you know they're not afraid of their own shadows. Susan may be one of the newer members, but she's not just a pretty face. She gets right in there too. She does not back down. And then there's Paul, the tech manager, smart, funny, fun to watch. And a total nerd. I mean that in the nicest possible way.


Let's hope SyFy keeps the haunting coming!

1 comment:

  1. It's really a great and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete